Sunday, November 27, 2011

Love and Grace, a Dedication to ^Zane Wyatt Reese^.

Lately I've been thinking about life and death... a lot. What is it? Why do we have to experience losing someone very close to us? Why do parents lose their children? Isn't is supposed to be the other way around? I find myself crying my eyes out thinking of these parents' strife in losing their precious children.
Today is Zane's birthday. Zane is my cousin Hailee's son. He was just one month and a half older than my daughter, Korbin. Zane was born on Thankgiving in 2008, the day before my baby shower. Zane left us to be with our Lord just sixteen short months after he was born. His young mother, Hailee was left to pick up the pieces of her broken heart, after her son died in her arms.

Zane and Korbin only got to play a couple times, and I only got to see him during those times. He was the sweetest little boy and he and Korbin played well together. They practiced making new noises and sounds together, each one making one sweet sound after another. Zane got sick when he was ten months old, with a rare form of cancer. He spent many nights in Children's Mercy Hospital here in KC and eventually they were sent to St. Jude's Children's Hospital, where they were unable to help him anymore.

I can't imagine what Hailee must have gone through during this time of waiting. I can tell you what I felt. I felt anger and confusion. Why did this little boy have to endure this and why would a mother have to experience watching her only son die? After Zane's passing, I was very depressed for a long time. Once again, I know I wasn't half as depressed as his mother.


All she has left, are memories and photographs of her sweet little boy.

While I try to understand why we are put here on this Earth to go through this, I pray. I pray for peace in Hailee's heart. I pray for peace in the whole family's hearts. Zane has been gone for almost two years, but the pain of his passing will never fade. All we can do is have comfort in knowing that Zane isn't sick anymore. He is one of God's great angels, watching over us all, especially his mother, Hailee and his new baby brother, Cooper Zane who will be due a month before the anniversay of Zane's passing.
If you wish to learn more about Zane and his story, please visit his Caringbridge Website.

Please also remember there are other parents and children going through this. Please donate whenver possible to your local children's hospital and/or St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. As a society, we should take care of one another, not because we have to, but because it's human nature to care for one another.
"7Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."
-1 John 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment